Ever since I first tried a Frappuccino, I became completely obsessed with them. Even at their peak as the most “basic” drink on the planet, I was happily sipping them on my way to class. What could be better than what is essentially a coffee-flavored milkshake? Answer: a coffee-flavored milkshake with no dairy, sugar, or chemicals, boosted with the world’s most powerful adaptogen, the Chaga mushroom.
It’s generally known that Frappuccinos aren’t classified as health drinks. The sugar content alone is enough to make me second guess that cup of drinkable dessert. The infamous Java Chip variation packs a whopping 440 calories, 65 grams of carbohydrates, and 60 grams of sugar! It wasn’t until college that I started to feel the negative effects of this guilty pleasure… sugar-induced breakouts, energy crashing and, of course, the pile-up of calories.
I didn’t really want to let go of my comfort treat, so I swapped my Frappuccino for a treat that actually kept me going through my long hours of class.
Enter the Blended Chagaccino — a tasty, great-for-you drink that you can make at home. Free of sugar and extra calories, and full of antioxidants and feel-good organic ingredients like 750 mg of Chaga, raw cacao, Ceylon cinnamon, and calorie-free monk fruit. I tried my hand at making one, and it completely blew my mind. It’s like a chocolate coffee shake that doesn’t give me that weird sugar-induced stomach ache. It’s super quick, easy, and has amazing health benefits – as you know.
The difference between how I feel after a Frappuccino and a Blended Chagaccino is like night and day. While I usually feel jittery and heavy after a Frappuccino, the Chagaccino makes me feel clean and energized without the sugar crash and calorie bomb. It doesn’t just make me feel better than sugary coffee, it makes me feel better period.
- Double Shot of Espresso
- 1 Packet of Chagaccino
- 1 Cup of Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Cup of Ice
- Toppings of Choice (optional)
How to Make it
1. Cop a box of Chagaccino
2. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend into a sweet, delicious coffee treat that will make you feel as good as it tastes. Tip: For a creamier texture, add more plant-based milk or swap out the milk for creamer. Elmhurst Unsweetened Oat Creamer makes for super creamy, frothy outcome!
3. Optional: Add your own toppings like coconut whipped cream (we’re loving the So Delicious cocowhip lite), dairy-free chocolate chips, berries, or anything to satisfy your cravings! Some toppings are probably better for you than others (though I’m not judging). Thankfully, no matter what you add, you’re still getting the amazing health benefits of Chaga in a drink that doesn’t taste like it should be healthy!
4. Snap a picture, tag us on Instagram, and show off your creation! Tell us your favorite add-ins, and use your superpowers wisely!